Friday, May 21, 2010

Vintage Sewing




Last weekend, I finally finished the two baby quilts that have lingered in my sewing "to-do" stack for over two years. As a reward, I splurged this week and made an ensemble for my Midge doll. For more pictures of Midge, her history, and her escapades in the last year, you can look at my prior posts. I am fortunate to have two vintage Barbie clothing patterns from my childhood, and I used one of them for the dress I made for Midge. Once the dress was complete, it was obvious that some type of accessory was needed, so I designed a little box-bottom tote out of the dress fabric. Midge seems very pleased.


I used the pattern for View A, but I did not make the detachable collar which is shown in this view. (A Barbie-sized detachable collar??? Unbelievable.) The bag was so much fun to make, that I immediatey made a second one for my friend LoLo's Barbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment