Thursday, September 10, 2009

Midge and Me

2009 marks the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the Barbie doll. To commemorate our birthdays, Lo-Rida and I took some of our Barbie dolls on road trips earlier this year. My first Barbie doll was a Titian Midge, given to me in September 1963. My mother selected Midge for me because at age 4, I had freckles and almost-red hair. This picture is of my Midge, along with Lo-Rida's 1980s Teacher Barbie. Barbie and Midge are posing on the riverfront of the St. Johns River at Green Cove Springs, Florida, my hometown.


On the bridge in the Spring Park, Green Cove Springs



























Arriving in Florida








Encountering Florida wildlife
















Midge enjoys the introspective and complex nature of Chopin.

No comments:

Post a Comment